Get Over the Commitment Issues and Put A Stake in the Ground, RNFM Radio EPS 208
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
On this episode of RNFM Radio, we learn that Elizabeth is hungry, waiting in front of the mic for her husband to deliver her a shrimp salad sandwich during the show. We also learn that Elizabeth does a terrible Australian accent, Kevin loves steak, and there’s a great deal of silliness going on in the virtual studio today. And just to reassure you, no animals were harmed in the making of this podcast.
At any rate, this is about putting a stake in the ground, making a commitment, and moving forward on what you want to do. If evaluating where you are at this time in your career and life, we recommend our SWOT episode for taking a 360-degree birds eye view of your current place.
If you want to put a stake in the ground and move forward, the first thing you need is an idea (e.g.: a concierge nursing case management company for geriatric patients in my community).
So, as always, start with a list!
- What skills do you have?
- What is the mission or vision of your business idea?
- Who is your target audience?
- What problem(s) are you able to solve for potential clients/customers?
- Will people align with the services or products you’re offering?
Stand on your platform!
- This is me
- This is my brand
- This is my mission and my vision
- Bring some bravado to the table and stand behind your vision; put a stake in the ground
- Feel the fear and do it anyway
- Once your stake is in the ground, it’s time to really move forward and take inspired action
- Stay nimble, be ready to pivot at any time
- Understand that you can sink more than one stake in the ground when you’re ready (e.g.: launching multiple business endeavors or branches of a business)
You are amazing!
We want to thank each and every one of you for listening to the podcast.
It would be our honor if you would leave an honest review and rating on iTunes. They are incredibly helpful for us and we take all of your feedback seriously.
We encourage you to reach out to us via email or call or text if you have any questions or comments.
Also, don’t forget that you can take us wherever you go by using the mobile apps listed here. If you liked this episode, or if you have any tips or suggestions, then please share and comment below.
Thank you, RNFM Radio Community!