Is it time to start thinking about getting that blog launched? Well, on episode 222 of RNFM Radio, we talk all about blogging, writing, and the basics of sustaining your blogging momentum, whether you’re a clinical nurse, nurse entrepreneur, or a nurse in another part of the nursing ecosystem.
Are you afraid of your voice? Do you feel you have nothing of value to share?
Whether you have a business or not, blogging can be your mouthpiece, your soapbox for demonstrating your expertise and positioning yourself as a thought leader. Blogging is a great outlet for sharing how you think and what makes you tick, and even in the clinical nursing world, it can show others how awesome you are and how you formulate your thoughts.
If you deeply understand a certain disease process or condition, you can educate even more people than just your patients. Your expertise can have a far-reaching impact.
People often get stuck when thinking about starting a blog, and this episode will give you lots of ideas for getting off the ground. Worrying about who will read your blog and how many readers you’ll have is not the point; rather, focus on producing valuable content on a consistent. Don’t “allow the how” to keep you from starting!
We also address the myriad reasons for, and benefits of, blogging for nurses.
Here are some of Keith’s notes from the conversation:
Stuck getting started?
- Who the heck is gonna read this?
- Will people other than my family really read it?
- Since you educate your patients, you can educate even more people through your blog!
- You can help more people!
- If you’re consistent and high quality, you will reach an audience.
- If you write about stuff you’re good at, someone will find you eventually.
- Don’t allow how to reach people stop you from getting started!
- Focus on the why and the what
- What will your brand be like? What will your voice be like?
- Coming up with ideas
- Review books, tell stories, talk about disease processes
- Pay attention
- Create series of posts; don’t try to say it all at once
- Ask your colleagues what they want to read about
Reasons to do it?
- It’s fun
- It can feel creative
- It can empower your business and reach an audience
- You can use it as a place to demonstrate your expertise
Folks, just start blogging, and listen to this episode to hear the golden nuggets that we share with you, dear Listener, top of mind!
Check out our blogs:
This episode of RNFM Radio is sponsored by the good folks at American Sentinel University. As a fully accredited online university, American Sentinel offers a variety of courses related to healthcare and nursing, including RN to BSN, and five MSN programs: Informatics, Case Management, Nursing Education, Nursing Management, and Infection Prevention and Control. They offer an RN to BSN/MSN, a program, as well as two tracks for those wishing to pursue a Doctorate of Nursing Practice. American Sentinel also offers a certificate in Prevention and Control that assists clinicians in acquiring the knowledge they need to develop best practices for infection prevention and control. Please visit RNFMEducation.com for more information.
You are amazing!
We want to thank each and every one of you for listening to the podcast.
It would be our honor if you would leave an honest review and rating on iTunes. They are incredibly helpful for us and we take all of your feedback seriously.
Also, don’t forget that you can take us wherever you go by using the mobile apps listed here. If you liked this episode, or if you have any tips or suggestions, then please share and comment below.
Thank you, RNFM Radio Community!